2.16.2009

Back from the Capitol


Just recently returned from Washington D.C. It was great. The weather was pretty warm for the first few days and then it became the same as Chicago. I was there for some "National Security" thing for youths. At first i really did not want to go because I thought it was all boring seminars and stupid politics but i decided to try new things. I was miserable the first and second day because I knew NOBODY!!! but as the days went by, i met some very interesting people. I met people from all over the country (mostly southerners) I've never actually heard a southern accent until i went there and Whenever there was an Obama thing on T.V. they would get there pride on and demean him if you know what I mean. I was so isolated. I was the only Asian-"city slickin"-Midwest dwellin-freshman-skateboarder in the whole community. Overall, though I would have to admit that I did have a lot of fun being with all of them and there are some amazing spots right next to each other in DC and maryland. I'll post pictures soon.

Oh and being around so many southerners, i've aquired a southern accent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

post those pictures boyee